Saroafrica International Limited Recruits for Management Accountant
Saroafrica International Limited (‘Saro’) is an indigenous private sector player with 3 decades of experience in Nigeria. Saro has five Subsidiaries (Saro Agrosciences, Saro Lifecare, Saro Agro Allied, Gossy Warm Spring and Saro Oil Palm) and two Joint Ventures (AgriseedCo and Green Hills Agricultural Products). Saro’s is set to become a leading consumer, manufacturing, FMCG and integrated agricultural value chain group. In pursuit of this ambition Saro is making significant investment in a Palm Plantation and Cassava to Ethanol Plant.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Management Accountant
Employment Type: Full-time
- Management Accountant (MA) is a strategic partner in running the business and plays a crucial role in providing central financial direction to the Business Accountant.
- His/her primary duty is to support the Business Accountant with production of on time and accurate management reporting information.
- He/she will be part of a team with a culture of high performance and will deploy his/her skills optimally to achieve strategic priorities.
- He /She should be able to present reports competently and confidently to the Management team.
- He /She must have clear focus, give attention to details and be a strategic thinker who is focused on execution
- He/she will also be required to work with the finance team to design, implement and manage best accounting practices across their areas of responsibility, including making and implementing agreed process changes and improvements
- Ensures that all foreign currency payments are made in accordance with contracted terms and budgeted exchange rates.
- Responsible for the seamless and real-time running of the financial reporting processes to aid speed of service delivery to both internal and external parties.
- Report the actual financial Performance and compare with the Control Levers.
- Completion of monthly statutory rendition
- Managing preparation and submission of the Group’s various VAT returns and declarations.
- Work with other Strategic Business Unit Accountant to ensure prompt reconciliation of all intercompany accounts
- Prepare the weekly wastage report
- Develops tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the Management Team and provides actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- He/she will ensure that financial discipline and prudence is applied for all transactions and will provide primary controls to ensure that the assets of the project are well secured.
- Put the right mechanism in place to ensure Business Pays all obligations on due date, stays Cash-Flow Positive throughout the period in line with the financial indicators in the plan.
- Production of supporting Balance Sheet and reconciliation for all Balance sheet Items.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Second Class upper in Accounting, Economics, or Finance from a reputable university
- Minimum of 5 years work experience.
- Must be a Chartered Accountant (ACCA or ACA).
- An MBA or equivalent postgraduate management degree will be an advantage
- Applicant must have a Minimum of 5 years working experience in similar role as Management Accountant.
- Age Requirement: 28 – 35yrs old.
Required Skills / Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good Analytical and innovative skills.
- Must be self-motivated
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, PowerPoint or related software.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 18th July, 2022.
How to get information in your Phone or Email for further updates
- Subscribe to us with your Email address for FREE to be updated on a daily basis
- LIKE our Facebook page
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle
- For questions as regards to anything, kindly Comment Below