Salpha Energy Limited Recruits Accountant
Salpha Energy is a sustainable energy startup dedicated to making solar energy accessible to everyone. We’re tackling the massive energy demand in the market by allowing individuals to harness the endless source of light that is freely available to everyone. Renewable technology innovations provide us the opportunity to put power back in people’s hands through innovative and quality-conscious products that are built to last for outdoor camping, entrepreneurship, rural settlements, and disaster relief.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Festac, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for an accountant, you will be responsible for preparing accounts, budgeting and managing financial information.
- Your core responsibilities in Salpha will typically be to prepare and examine financial records, assuring information is up to date and accurate.
- Gather and monitor financial data like sales revenues and liabilities
- Prepare annual budgets for the company and also collate/monitor departmental budgets
- Ensure that all financial records are updated containing both stock and inventory
- Create unit cost for all products, already existing or new products.
- Track and confirm payments from customers and any other bank activity
- Create well detailed financial reports for management and for audit purposes
- Monitor and report on any account discrepancies
- Disburse payments approved by management for any benefits of all staff
- Conduct detailed risk analysis to assess potential investment opportunities and advise management on risks
- Perform month-end and year-end close processes
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Reconciling and balancing all financial records
- Disbursing funds necessary for office operations eg., transport and office supplies
- Liaise with the sales department to reconcile stock and products supplied.
- Track supplied products, take stock count and advise on depleting and marketable stock
- Perform internal audit to substantiate financial statements and transactions
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- 2 – 4 years relevant work experience.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Intermediate understanding of accounting and reporting standards, gaining experience in researching as it relates to accounting issues
- Experience with accounting software is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Google Suites.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Excellent accounting software use and administration skills
N150,000 – N200,000 Monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email