Recruitment at Protea Hotels for a Front Desk Supervisor
With over 90 hotels across South Africa, Zambia, Nigeria, Namibia, Ghana, Tanzania, and Uganda, Protea Hotels by Marriott® is Africa’s biggest hospitality brand and one of the continent’s most well-known. Join the Protea Hotels by Marriott® team now if you have a passion for providing each guest with a personalized service experience and want to be a part of the ‘Coolest Hotel Brand in South Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Front Desk Supervisor
Job Number 22050415
Location: Owerri, Imo
Brand: Protea Hotels
Position Type: Non-Management
Job Category: Rooms & Guest Services Operations
- Assist staff with expediting problem payments (e.g., problems processing credit card).
- Follow up with guest regarding satisfaction with guest-related issues.
- Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room key.
- Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit.
- Contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Bellperson, Housekeeping) as necessary to resolve guest call, request, or problem.
- Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in.
- Review shift logs/daily memo books and document pertinent information in logbooks.
- Count bank at the beginning and end of shift.
- Balance and drop receipts according to Accounting specifications.
- Set up accurate accounts for each guest upon check-in (i.e., sharewiths, separate room/tax/incidentals, comp).
- Anticipate sold-out situations and obtain satisfactory alternative accommodations when the property cannot accommodate guests with reservations.
- Block rooms in the computer and identify designated requirements and requests.
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model and first point of contact of the Guarantee of Fair Treatment/Open Door Policy process.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Anticipate and address guests’ service needs.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
How to get information in your Phone or Email for further updates
- Subscribe to us with your Email address for FREE to be updated on a daily basis
- LIKE our Facebook page
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle
- For questions as regards to anything, kindly Comment Below