How to Get a JAMB UTME/DE Profile Code Faster in 2022
Do you wish to register for the JAMB UTME or DE? Is it difficult for you to obtain a Profile Code? Have you submitted an SMS to 55019 but have yet to receive the Profile code after it has been debited? Are you looking for a new way to send SMS to 55019 since NIN was introduced? Do you want to learn about a new method for obtaining or producing a JAMB Profile Code? Jamb Profile Code can now be obtained using a new USSD code. This post will give you with all of the information you require as well as the actions necessary to obtain your JAMB Profile Code as quickly as possible.
Note: Since the introduction of NIN as part of JAMB Registration Procedure, the processes changed which may affect some prospective candidates that do not have NIN yet. JAMB made NIN compulsory for JAMB 2022 Registration.
How to get JAMB Profile Code for 2022/2023 JAMB Registration
- First, you need to obtain your NIN. Click here to see how to get NIN for JAMB registration.
- Let’s say that your NIN is “96346823410”, send an SMS in the format “NIN 12345678910” to 55019 (Note: put space in between the NIN and the number.
- Without the NIN number; Send an SMS in the format “SURNAME FIRST NAME OTHER NAME” to 55019.
- After sending the message, you will receive a message from JAMB having your JAMB profile code (The profile code is ten digits e.g. 4857209334).
- The message will also contain the FULL NAME you used during NIN registration.
Note: Only one phone number can be used by each candidate to obtain his/her JAMB profile code. Also, make sure you use a phone number that you easily have access to.
JAMB Profile Code New USSD Code for Registration 2021
- Send an SMS to 55019 to generate a profile code will include dialing *55019*1*NIN#. Simply Dial *55019*1*NIN# and your Profile Code would be sent to your phone as SMS immediately.
What to do if you DO NOT receive a profile code for your UTME/DE registration
Send the following information:
- FIRST NAME
- NIN OR TRACKING ID
- MOBILE NUMBER FOR RECEIVING CODE
What is next after obtaining my JAMB Profile Code
- After getting your JAMB Profile Code, kindly go to JAMB CBT Centre and purchase JAMB e-PIN for JAMB Registration.
“Unable to process your request at the moment. Try again later. (nin verification)” What to do?
- Kindly link your SIM Card with your NIN to enable you receive the profile code in your phone.
- Even if you have linked your SIM before, try doing it again for faster receiving of your profile code.
Note: Do not use SIM Card already linked by someone else maybe your mother or your father. It must be linked by you. This implies that the SIM must be yours.
Use the steps below to link your SIM Card to your NIN
MTN Phone Number Fastest Way to Update and Link your SIM Card with NIN using Code and Confirm Status.
Airtel Phone Number Fastest Way to Update and Link your SIM Card with NIN using Code and Confirm Status.
GLO Phone Number Fastest Way to Update and Link your SIM Card with NIN using Code and Confirm Status.
9mobile Phone Number Fastest Way to Update and Link your SIM Card with NIN using Code and Confirm Status
Can I send my full name to 55019 to get profile code?
- This was the method used in 2018 to get profile code. According to JAMB registrar, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, this method no longer works following the introduction of National Identification Number (NIN) as part of JAMB registration process.
How can I get JAMB profile code for registration?
- I have explained the new method in details in this article. Check it out, it’s quite easy and straightforward.
Can I use another name for JAMB registration not in NIN registration?
- No, your name will be sent together with your JAMB profile code. This will be the name you used during NIN registration and you cannot change it AFTER requesting for your JAMB profile code.
What if I made a mistake in my name during NIN registration?
- In that case, you should change your name on NIN database before you request for your JAMB profile code. To do that, go to any NIN registration centre and tell them you want to correct an error in your bio data.
Is NIN compulsory for JAMB registration?
- Yes, the National Identification Number (NIN) has become a compulsory part of JAMB registration process. You cannot get your JAMB profile code or purchase JAMB e-PIN without it.
Can I use the same phone number I used last year to get send SMS for my Jamb Profile Code?
- If you registered for JAMB last year, you can still use the same number to get your JAMB profile code. However, two people are not allowed to use the same phone number.
What to do when JAMB did not send the Profile Code to you after sending the message to 55019
- Confirm if the SIM Card has been linked, if not try linking it.
How to be updated regularly
Kindly Subscribe to the site using your Email address for more updates
LIKE our Facebook News Update for updates
FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle for more updates
For questions and challenges, Comment Below