Gomoney Engineering Lead (Software)
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineering Lead (Software)
Location: Marina, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
Level: Senior Manager / Supervisor
We’re hiring talented, creative problem-solvers who want to build a career out of making BIG things happen. Join us if you’re:
- Experienced and interested in building engaging products used by tens of thousands of customers and shipping code at a rapid pace.
- Passionate about providing technical leadership while also taking a hands-on role to shape and design our product offerings.
- We work in project-based sprints in small, interdisciplinary teams. We have big dreams. There are many interesting challenges ahead, and we’re happy for people to build new skills, specialize or move between teams.
About this Role
What will you be doing as the Engineering Lead?
- You will play a key role in establishing a product organization that will build digital banking products to help make banking easy and bring financial literacy to the world.
- You will work with other teams to realize the vision for Gomoney.
How Will You Create Impact?
- You will have a central role in leading technological initiatives for building competitive advantages in products and platforms.
- You’ll also play a key role in leading and organizing product sprints and iterating on our product roadmap
You will be responsible for:
- Designing and leading all technical aspects of our product and review code written by other members of the team
- Helping us hire and grow our engineering team: you’ll be a key player in interviews and hiring decisions, and lead onboarding and training for new engineers
- Collaborating closely with various cross-functional teams to prioritize decisions on our product roadmap, understand their needs, offer them solutions and set and manage their expectations
- Setting up best practices for development and championing their adoption
- Defining and setting a technical vision for development methodologies along with implementing a roadmap to meet the goals of the organization.
- Leading the day to day activities of the engineers, while coaching, mentoring, and developing the engineers to help them deliver to the best of their ability.
This might be for you if you have:
- Experience of building engaging consumer products
- Successful track record in a senior leadership position for building, motivating, and leading high performing teams of at least 5 people or more
- A track record of shipping products, getting stuff done and working in high growth product focused organizations
- Exceptional critical and analytical skills with the ability to identify, understand and manage complex problems
- Great experience at building strong, effective relationships with people from different disciplines
- have a passion in software engineering, application development, systems development, leading and developing teams
- An in depth understanding of systems design, and systems architecture, security framework, data management policies in relation to financial services/banking sector.
- You have good interpersonal and communication skills and are adept at working with multiple stakeholders to drive desired outcomes.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: