Apply for a Senior Geophysicist at Oando Plc- Available opportunity at Onado Plc. There is a vacancy for the position of a Senior Geophysicist. Oando Plc is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions provider with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigeria Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. For more information, check below to see.
Apply for a Senior Geophysicist at Oando Plc
With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP).
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Geophysicist
Job Type: Full-time
Division/Department: Geology and Geosciences
Directly Reports to: Head, G&G
- Geophysicist with enough level of experience to be a stand-alone resource in key area of expertise. Is able to give support to geological functions and interpretation.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees & manages geophysical field work and studies of seismic data.
- Oversees & manages processing of 3D seismic data.
- Has knowledge of quantitative geophysical methods.
- Estimation of crude resources and reserves.
- Participates in evaluation and development of blocks to the production stage.
- Writing of reports and making maps and sections.
- Develops and makes presentations to investors and partners on prospect ideas.
- Manages technical relations with JV partners.
- Manages contractors within field of expertise.
- Identifying new exploration targets.
- Assist in assessing profitable opportunities for acquisition and development; makes recommendations to Exploration Manager on drilling prospects with the highest recovery potential; carries these through drilling to production.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Successful 3D acquisition program (within time and budget), with no LTI
- Successful processing program within time and budget, and with minimal poor data issues.
- On time delivery for processes.
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant 1st Degree in Geology or Geophysics
- Masters’ Degree is an advantage.
- Must be a member of an internationally recognized professional association
- Exploration experience, including substantial field deposits and within a structured E&P multinational operator.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Oil & Gas Industry Dynamics.
- Ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with incomplete information.
- Strong working knowledge of industry standard geophysical interpretation packages.
- Some project management skills are required in order to oversee projects from prospect evaluation stage through permitting, drilling, and completion.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills. Ability to work with geoscientists, engineers and drilling teams.
- Self-starter who possesses strong analytical skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Leadership skills and ability to effectively interact with management and team members to advance projects and ideas.
- Willingness to work extended hours based on operational needs.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
How to get information in your Phone or Email for further updates
- Subscribe to us with your Email address for FREE to be updated on a daily basis
- LIKE our Facebook page
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle
- For questions as regards to anything, kindly Comment Below