Application for Operations Supervisor at Lekki Freeport Terminal- This is to inform the general public about the application for the position of Operations Supervisor at Lekki Freeport Terminal. Lekki Freeport Terminal is the only Container Terminal Operator in Nigeria’s only deep seaport.It is set to become the largest container terminal in Nigeria and West Africa with enormous potential of becoming fully automated thereby contributing to the large trading operations of Nigeria and indeed, West Africa. SEE BELOW FOR MORE DETAILS.
Application for Operations Supervisor at Lekki Freeport Terminal
The premise on which Leeki Freeport Terminal will operate is to connect global maritime trade to Nigeria and the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Supervisor
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Shift Manager
- This position covers both project implementation and operational phase and covers the overall charge of the day-to-day operation in the operations department which includes the supervision of Yard & Vessel Operations.
- Ensure proper coordination with all concerned parties in a professional manner to successfully achieve the goals and objectives established by senior management as well as to satisfy the expectation of clients
Major Job Responsibilities
- Pay an effective role in the project implementation phase.
- Prepare JDs for frontline team members considering their role and responsibility according to the organization chart.
- Prepare & implement training plan & material for front line team.
- Prepare & implement operational business processes and SOPs.
- Work closely with other functions and departments to execute the implementation of systems.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of strategic initiatives that will prepare the terminal for future implementation.
- Meet stakeholders and customers to share, align and agree on operational and planning requirements while providing training when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Actively follow and promote the LFT Safety and Security policies and ensure that fellow employees and visitors are doing the same.
- Manage, motivate, and instruct all his team members. Structure tasks and goals, establish efficient courses of action, set priorities, organize information, and efficiently execute daily tasks with consideration to high productivity and efficient utilization of equipment and labor resource.
- Execute strategies for all operations-related activities, in line with & contributing to the company vision & strategy, within the borders of the business plan & budget.
- To effectively coordinate with all concerned with regards to Terminal Operation System and Billing systems, ensuring that all data requirements by Billing and Finance are provided by Operations within the prescribed time.
- Ensure that all operations at the yard, gate, or vessel are executed by priorities set by the planning team and escalate where changes may be required.
- Acts as a focal point for any stevedoring issues and ensures that the load and discharge registration is performed accurately and timely.
- Monitor continuous operations at shift changeover times and rest break changeovers.
- Coordinates the container discharge and load operations, yard operations, and berth schedules to ensure maximum productivity and the efficient use of labour and equipment
- To productively conduct and lead operational meetings with the Team and make sense out of that activity by resolving issues and making sure that all operations problems are resolved.
- To make certain that all departmental activities are always conducted professionally and safely.
- To fully control and coordinate the daily allocation of manpower and equipment in his area of management, making sure that these requirements are sufficient to serve the daily plan activities. Also, to properly pay attention to the condition and maintenance of all tools handling gears.
- To responsibly safeguard sensitive information in some critical areas in the Terminal.
- To closely look into the Cost Control measures making sure that those measures are implemented and in line with the approved budget.
- To systematically manage all reports needed by the internal & external clients by generating such reports promptly, as required by the Port Procedure.
- Other duties as assigned.
Critical Success Factors
- Project milestones related to execution are achieved and have no delays.
- Departmental readiness for trials and commercial operating date (go live).
- Preparation of JDs of all roles of landside operations
- Preparation of SOPs for all landside operations
- Preparation of training material for all comes under landside operations.
- Successful departmental build-up as per project timeline.
- Successful TOS, GOS, and process automation implementation.
- Team Building.
- Strict implementation of all operations SOPs
- Maintain a safe & reliable work environment and achieve all KPIs.
- Ensure high productivity with safety and with cost-efficiency.
- Lead all the sections working under landside operations and maintain efficient relations with the rest of the supporting departments.
- Understand the importance of reporting and keep updating the management team with all developments as per the set protocol
- Prepare all required reports.
- In case of any exceptional situation, take the charge and lead the team in all aspects.
- In case of an incident, keep updating all relevant people and prepare an incident report to management and HSE.
- Working Areas:
- Indoor / Outdoor: Indoor & Outdoor
- Onshore/Offshore: Onshore
- Heights: No
- Hours of Work: 12 hours, Day / Night
- On-Call: Yes
- Contact after Hours: Yes.
Does the job involve travel?
- Local – Lagos: Limited
- National – Nigeria: Limited
- International: Rare.
Qualifications & Experience
- A University Degree preferably in a Logistics / Operations Management, Logistics, Business Administration or related discipline.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in container terminal operations environment in a managerial role.
- Experience in greenfield or brownfield project implementation is an advantage.
- Previous experience as a foreman, supervisor, superintendent, or other similar position would be expected as a natural progression to this position.
- Experience with NAVIS N4 and participation in its implementation is an advantage.
- Experience in process optimization.
- In deep knowledge of man management, coordination with stack holders, and leading the team.
- Requires some understanding of accounting, billing, and associated documentation.
- Familiar with the strict implementation of international standards of safe working practices within marine, stevedoring, and terminal operations.
- In-depth, comprehensive understanding of Maritime industry container terminal operations, especially vessel cargo logistics, hazardous cargo, break-bulk, and special cargo handling requirements and equipment.
- Advanced computer skills with a sound understanding of modern terminal planning and control systems.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills combined with good counseling and listening skills.
- Strong drive to deliver results
- Sensitive to cultural diversity and experience in a multicultural environment, regarding employees, local authorities, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work under a pressure environment with a constant change of priorities.
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate outside and across the organization. (Well-developed English oral, written communications, and report writing skills. Also, must have a working knowledge of the Pidgin English)
- Ability to work on weekends, nights, holidays, and for a long period.
- Analysis: Locating or extracting relevant information that is critical to problem-solving.
- Change: Initiating and implementing new ways of thinking and doing.
- Coaching: Guiding and motivating others in maximizing job performance.
- Integrity: Adhering to a code of standards or values.
- Leadership: Envisioning organizational excellence and motivating others to aspire to that state.
- Planning: Strategizing for both the short and the long term.
- Quality-focused: Supporting the needs of product and service excellence.
- Conflict Management: Facilitating problem resolution while maintaining working relationships.
- Customer-focused: Building relationships with internal and external customers.
- Decisiveness: Evaluating information or situations, assuming the risks, and making judgments.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 6th May, 2022.
How to get information in your Phone or Email for further updates
- Subscribe to us with your Email address for FREE to be updated on a daily basis
- LIKE our Facebook page
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle
- For questions as regards to anything, kindly Comment Below