Application for a Country Security Manager at ACTED Nigeria- This is to inform the general public about the application at ACTED Nigeria for the position of Country Security Manager. ACTED has been committed since 1993, to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. SO USE THE LINK BELOW FOR MORE DETAILS
Application for a Country Security Manager at ACTED Nigeria
ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries towards 14 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Security Manager
Location: Abuja (with frequent travels to Yola)
You Will Be in Charge Of
- The Country Security Manager is responsible for overseeing daily security management of all ACTED premises and project sites, ensuring a permanent monitoring and assessment of the security situation in country, as well as reviewing and implementing ACTED security management guidelines and protocols.
- He/she will also advise the Country Director and Senior Management Team on all issues of safety and security and provide appropriate security training and mentoring.
- Department management
- Context & Risk analysis
- Develop and update Country Security Plans, SOPs and Contingency Plans
- Daily Security Management
- Crisis management:
- Adapt crisis management protocols to the local situation;
- Act as a key member of the Crisis Management Team so that safety policies and procedures are implemented;
- Training and briefing:
- Conduct security briefing for each new international staff arriving in country;
- Design security training modules for Country Director’s approval and HQ endorsement;
- Develop and maintain a security network
- Ensure external representation.
Expected Skills and Qualifications
- 2-3 years of working experience in insecure environments; preferably in Africa, Asia, or the Middle East;
- Extensive experience in security management and procedures;
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills;
- Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience highly desirable.
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage both international and national staff Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments;
- Salary between 2900 and 4100€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Contribution to a housing allowance of up to 75% of ACTED benchmark or accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Letter of Motivation to: email@example.com using “CSM/NIA” as the subject of the email.
Note: ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process
Application Deadline 3rd December, 2022.
How to get information in your Phone or Email for further updates
- Subscribe to us with your Email address for FREE to be updated on a daily basis
- LIKE our Facebook page
- FOLLOW our Twitter News Handle
- For questions as regards to anything, kindly Comment Below